With July 4th fast approaching here a a few tips to make your barbecue a more relaxed one.
1. Season what ever meat you like. I like Chicken and Steak you can even use Pork put all meat in separate freezer bags and when you get up the day of the barbecue take it out and put it on ice and let it defrost in the cooler. The Chicken and Steak will be so good. Everything will be so juicy and tender.
2. My recipe for marinade is 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette with 4 tablespoons of soy sauce. 1 1/2 tablespoonful of dill and 2 cloves of garlic minced. Put it all in the freezer bag and add chicken or Steak and Seal bag and shake bag mixing it all up. Then drop it in the freezer.
3. Get all your paper goods together a 4-5 days ahead. Plates,Cups,Napkins, Grill utensils include a knife and drinks. Table cloths and Games and Cards. All the chips and dips are together.
4. Make all salads the day before. Make a veggie platter and Get all condiments ready the day before including salt and pepper.
5. The morning of the barbecue put all drinks on ice. Pull the meat out of the freezer and stick that on ice. If your staying home leave salads in the refrigerator until your ready to eat. And put the meat in the refrigerator until your ready to cook it. Dress the tables with tablecloths and any decorations you have for a centerpiece. Napkins and plates and plastic ware should be put on all tables along with cups and chips and dips and veggie platter.
6. Remember that chicken should be cooked to 170 degrees so no one gets sick. Steak is to your liking. Always cook chicken separate from hot dog and burgers.
7. With all these things done in advance you will be able to spend more time with your family and friends.
8. Enjoy and be safe. Let me know some of your tips. Leave me a comment.